Friday, November 11, 2011

"It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you." [Author Unknown]

My favorite veterans
Dear Veterans (Dad, Grandpa, Grandfather, and so many others)- Thank you for your service to our country. I am so glad that we have this holiday to honor you, and I think it's a shame that many people don't see the importance of today. Even if someone is against the current wars, the military or government in general, it is important to honor those who have fought for our nation, because they truly did make sacrifices and those sacrifices allow us to live the way we do today. Dear La Crosse Trip- I'm so excited for you this weekend! After over a month on campus, it is time to get away. Also, I reaaaally hope we get to make pancakes, because that would just be cool. Dear Lara- Thank you for the wonderful phone call last night and I'm sorry I had to cut it short! Also, that you for being the most faithful reader in the world. Side note: I will not be blogging Saturday (and possibly Sunday) because I won't have a computer available. Check back on Monday and I may have extra posts!


Live Simply November Update
Best: I feel like I am starting to learn and notice how my life is different now. I've mentioned a few times how I feel more at peace, and that is certainly true, but I think I am also just more in tune to my thoughts and emotions. I don't know if it's from all of the writing I do with blogging, journaling, emails, and letters, or if it's from the reading/reflecting at night, or if its just that I spend time with my thoughts while walking instead of just zoning out to my music, but I am definitely more aware of my inner self. I like this. It helps to make my issues surface and get resolved rather than just stuffing them down until they boil over.
Worst: I have nothing to wear while I'm doing laundry. I'm doing laundry right now. Don't ask what I'm wearing...
Cheats: Full disclosure is probably best, so I'll admit that I've texted a few times. I had to once for school, once I was studying in the basement and needed the definition of "litigation"(thanks google!), and last night I was frustrated after playing phone tag with someone for 3 days, so I texted them to set up a call time. Other than that, I think I've been on the straight and narrow!

2 comments:

  1. Could I possibly get some pictures from you sometime? These both brought back floods of memories... Also, sorry for stalking your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I loved your phone call. I laughed and laughed and laughed. And then consulted with Brittni. We say keep it the same, give them higher scores if they deserve them. I mostly say this because I believe both Brittni and Paula could out-perform most males.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...