Thursday, November 3, 2011

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." [Dalai Lama]



Valley of Fire, Arizona. 


Dear Dad- Currently the picture above is my background on my computer. With all of this free computer time on my hands I started looking through old pictures. This has always been one of my favorites because it's just a naturally happy picture of all of us. This trip was incredible. It was a lot of driving, true, but I think it made the hikes and sights that much more amazing. Thank you for planning this grand adventure that I don't know if would've experienced without you! Dear Email- You are totally replacing facebook in my life, but it's turning out to be a good thing. The people I correspond with are the ones I actually want to take time out to talk to. I feel like I am actually building relationships instead of spending hours a day clicking through photos of someone I haven't talked to in months. Dear Homework- I didn't think I'd ever be able to say this, but I'm caught up. My "homework" sticky note is 100% crossed out, and that, is a miracle. Now to get a head start on those upcoming projects and papers...


P.S. I started what I think is going to be a permanent tradition last night. I wrote down the prayers that I have for other people, as well as a few for myself. I think this is going to help me start thinking more intentionally about others, hopefully making me a more giving, less selfish, person. If prayer isn't your thing, I believe that even just journaling or jotting down thoughts about others, rather than just yourself, would be a really beneficial step to creating a better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...