Sunday, November 20, 2011

"When I no longer thrill to the first snow of the season, I'll know I'm growing old." [Lady Bird Johnson]

Over the weekend I stayed in Eau Claire, but had a pretty great time with the people here.
Meghan's first trip to Starbucks!
Family Dinner! The dog, Eddie, Mom, the crazy aunt, and the globe-trotting cousin!
Living it up in Sneau Claire!
Friday
...I got a visit from Lara(!), Sam Rude, Andrew, and Joey when they came here to pick up Paul. I was so excited I chased the car through the parking lot.
...I got a ride from the crew to Starbucks, blasting some Irish rock music and being squished in the back with 4 people.
...We got to be there for Meghan's first Starbucks run! We took advantage of the holiday drink deal and enjoyed Caramel Brulee Lattes and Peppermint Mochas.
...We fit more people than should be physically possible into Deaven's car, and headed over to the Hockey game, which despite the loss, was just as thrilling as the last one.


Saturday
...I attended a 7-hour Small Group Leader "Crash Course" in preparation for potentially becoming a small group leader next year. It was a lot of information, but it was such a good bonding and learning experience, and I got second place in the SGL game!
...Eddie and Mom (aka Bitty and Lauren, aka Brittany and Katie) brought me home Caramel Doves, which they know are my favorite. I feel so blessed and loved!
...We all had a family dinner that we made downstairs, complete with pasta, bread, and conversation.
...To celebrate the new snow, we threw on our swimsuits and rain boots and headed outside. We had a pretty great time making snow angels, throwing snowballs, and splashing in puddles.
...We ended the night by watching one of my top 5 and Easy A.


Sunday
...I attended church this morning, and I was so happy to be able to have worship music again. It's been way too long!
...After breakfast in the caf we started watching the packer game where my man Starks walked off with an injury. It was a pretty rough experience for me. 
...Bitty and I chatted with Jennifer about the Air Force and then learned some weapon retention moves, which will probably come in handy at some point.
...The rest of the day is just chill and then it's off to work and hall council!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...