Monday, November 21, 2011

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." [Anatole France]

I miss my best friend, and my freckles, and the exuberance of this night. 


Dear Dad- T-minus three days until Turkey Day! This means I foresee some major cooking and cleaning in the near future... Dear Best Friend- I get to see you. In less than 24 hours. This makes me so excited I could jump up and down! Dear Bitty, Swimming, and Running- Thank you all for helping me clear my head and organize my thoughts. I don't know what I would do without you when I have these mental breakdowns. 


P.S. I've never thought of myself as someone who hates change, so it's interesting to me that I've started to feel nervous when I think about going home. I just know that my room is going to feel so different and the house in general is going to feel like I'm on an alien planet that I dreamt about once but don't really know anymore. I'm still extremely excited, home cooked meals, knitting with my mom, seeing all of my friends, and having celebrations with family, but it's just going to be different this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...