Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." [Jane Howard]

Over the weekend I traveled quite a bit, but really got to enjoy everywhere I went.


I don't have any pictures from the weekend, so I'll just share some that I printed from my Minolta. 


Meghan and Katie

Governors' backyard 
Thursday
...I helped my mom clean up the house and get ready for the family to come in. 
...I had the opportunity to go for a long run, which was wonderful. 
...Family started to come and we sat around chatting and enjoying the Packer game.
...Dinner was your traditional Thanksgiving dinner, and personally, I enjoyed sweet potato, my cousin's bread, asparagus, mashed potatoes, cooked carrots and vegetarian stuffing. 
...We all got to skype my cousin Tim and his wife Sarah, as well as my sister, who is currently in Indiana. It was so funny to see my 97 year-old Grandpa trying to understand skype.
...The evening was relaxing, sitting around playing cards, eating pie, drinking coffee, and chatting. 
...After everyone left, brother and I had bonding time watching this show. Soooo funny!

Friday
...I made a pretty rockin' abacus for Math class. 
...I had Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch, then headed over to Jamie's house to visit her family... and to have second lunch. 
...As it was my last day home, I started to pack up everything I was planning on bringing back to Eau Claire... shampoo, conditioner, lotion, contact solution... it was basically the cheapest shopping trip ever. 
...Matt, my mom, and I had a family dinner that consisted of sushi and homemade pumpkin pancakes, and it was the best meal I've had in a long time. 
...Jillian, Jamie, and Olav came over after dinner and we had a pretty intense game of pictionary... Jill and I won, furthering the losing streak Jamie and Olav have been having. Also, Jill brought me free donuts, so she's pretty much the greatest. 
...Lara and I hiked around town, trying to find a good deal on Friends DVDs(I've been saving since last Black Friday) and I ended up getting Seasons 1-6 at Walmart. Props to Lara for being such a trooper!


Saturday
...I was up really early so that the three of us could drive to Madison to visit my Grandma. I loved just being in the car and enjoying conversations and debates with my mother and brother. 
...We helped out my Grandma around the house, and then she taught me how to bind off when knitting. I love that she was able to share that with me. 
...We explored the basement, a chaotic conglomeration of all of the things my Grandfather had collected throughout his life. Although there were things we had no idea why he kept(such has hundreds of shoelaces and rubber bands), he was extremely organized and had so many interesting things. I walked away with 6 books, 2 pads of reusable paper, 3 records(of railroad songs... I remember him listening to them on the turntable when I was a kid), and a label maker. We also took old ammunition boxes and previously, a large wooden filing cabinet, both of which I hope to someday inherit. 
...We had a delicious shrimp stir-fry for dinner, followed by euchre and pecan pie. 


Sunday
...We went to Alliance for service, and it felt so good to be back! I missed the large worship services that I don't get at IV or the smaller churches here. 
...I packed up while my mom made us a delicious lunch of black bean burgers, salad, and my cousin's bread. It was the perfect lunch and I miss eating at home already. 
...Bitty came down for a ride and the three hour trip to Eau Claire filled with studying, catching up, and making labels passed fairly quickly.
...Bitty, Justin, and I headed over to open skate, which ended up being a pretty good time. Although I was wary at first because I haven't skated in a year and I was going with two people who had been skating before they started to walk, I managed to do alright for myself, and am proud to say I never fell and I only smashed into the boards twice. 
...The three of us headed back to Govs to find that Meghan and Katie were both back! We spent the night just hanging out in my room, catching up, planning the Elf wing event, and just being overall fools. We got in trouble with the RAs for noise twice that night. I may have to start a tally...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good break! Good to hear that!
    December is almost here!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...