Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"And I don’t know what road we’re on, or where we’ve been, all I know is I don’t want this night to end" [Luke Bryan]

Over the weekend I headed to La Crosse with Brittany and Katie. It was a pretty eventful few days to say the least!
The ride up, Big Papa and Mom

Brittany and Katie being goons.

Katie and I representing the colors of fall!
Friday
...We got subs at Hilltop before heading out. Even though it took the worker about 20 minutes to make my sub, I loved my traditional veggie sub with chipotle mayo. 
...We realized how much our little carful of people resembled a family vacation. We listened to this song, handed our trash to "mom"(Katie) and told "big papa"(Tony) that his driving scared us. Bitty and I even took on the identities of Samuel and Jacob, the annoying kids. 
...We got to Katie's house, met her wonderful mother, looked at old yearbooks, and headed over to Tony's to meet the guys. 
...After some Nachos, fighting, and a phone call from Fritz to Meghan, we headed back to Katie's for a classic movie complete with pretzel bread, puffcorn, and oreos. 
...We also discovered that although the three of us cannot successfully fit in a zipped sleeping bag, Bitty and I could! 


Saturday
...We took advantage of the opportunity to sleep in, and finally around noon we dragged ourselves upstairs to make some pancakes and fried cheese. 
...We continued to explore La Crosse by heading up to Grandad Bluff. It was a gorgeous day and the trail had some great views! I was really upset that I didn't bring my camera, but it was still a beautiful hike. (I used my phone to snap a few pictures that afternoon.)
...I got to stop by UWL and have a much-needed catch-up session with Emily. It was so great to see her again!
...We took full advantage of Pizza Doctors, meeting the people Katie works with and trying at least 10 different kinds of pizza, including baked potato and puppy chow!
...We headed out to Joey's cabin, a small one-room, wooden cabin with no electricity. It was an exciting night to say the least. 
...We finished up the night by leaving annoying voicemails, watching Brittany slide down the stairs, and watching Katie's favorite movie


Sunday
...We slept in really late again Sunday, and ended up skipping breakfast and having pizza for lunch with Katie's dad and his friend, Raj. 
...We headed back over to Joey's cabin, where I again kicked myself for not bringing my camera. It was so beautiful out in the country, the grey-green-blue colors, the brush, the horses, the wooden fences, and the open fields. The guys and Brittany and Katie practiced shooting while I stayed warm in a plaid blanket and sat on the swings. 
...To shake things up a bit, we drove over to Minnesota, which included seeing the skeleton of a house, lots of mud, and a great view of the river
...Cinnamon rolls topped off the weekend on the ride home, and after hall council and our caf run, I was desperately ready for bed. 


All in all it was a fantastic weekend! I fell in love with Wisconsin, the open air, and surprisingly, country music. Who knew La Crosse was such a rockin' place?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...