Wednesday, November 23, 2011

“It has been an unchallengeable American doctrine that cranberry sauce, a pink goo with overtones of sugared tomatoes, is a delectable necessity of the Thanksgiving board and that turkey is uneatable without it.” [Alistair Cooke]

My job every year is to make the cranberry sauce, which I never eat come Thanksgiving. Maybe that's why they have me do it...


 Dear Dad- Today mom and I got down to work, making spinach artichoke dip and cranberry sauce, like I do every year. So excited to see the rest of your family tomorrow! Dear Appleton North- I visited you for the first time since I graduated today, and I can honestly say it's the people there that make it an amazing place. It was so good to see all of my favorite teachers again and it was great to get hugs from old friends and sing Road Home with Mara and Ellie by my side, like always. Dear Crazy Wednesday- Today you consisted of getting new contacts(plus SIX free bottles of solution), donating platelets, and a trip to the dentist. Today was my first time donating platelets; I was planning on donating plasma but due to an accident they had a huge need for platelets so I decided to take the extra time to donate platelets instead. A big thanks to Arthur for making it a great first experience for me... and I still think you did a pretty good job even though you made me spring a leak. As far as the dentist goes, if anyone ever thinks you look sexy while you're at the dentist, they're a keeper. Just sayin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...