Friday, November 4, 2011

"A hug is like a boomerang - you get it back right away." [Bil Keane]

My Door Deck! "Look--> Becca is: learning, eat, on a mission, around, running, working, bed." 

Dear Dad- We are ordering chinese food tonight! Da best. I remember "pushing" you to let me order chinese every quarter when I got "good grades." It did not take much arm-twisting to get you to comply. Dear Arts & Crafts- I missed tapping into my creative genius sooo much, and tonight was the perfect cure! Thank goodness my friends didn't mind sitting around for an hour while I finished up... Dear Fraands- Thank you all for being so patient, giving incredible hugs, and paying for my dinner tonight because I can't spend money. You all are the greatest people on this earth!

P.S. Expectations are a tricky business. It is important that we have expectations, of ourselves and of others. We need something to live up to, to strive for, or we become complacent. We also need to have expectations of others, in the sense that we need the basic human comfort of knowing that we can rely on those around us. However, I sometimes struggle with setting realistic expectations for myself and of others. When I can't live up to my own expectations, I freeze. I struggle to move on from my failure. When I have too high of expectations for others, disappointment is imminent. The best part about life? When people totally exceed my expectations, now that is a wonderful surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...