Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Home is the place that goes where you go, yet it welcomes you upon your return. Like a dog overjoyed at the door. We've missed you is what you hear, no matter how long you've been gone." [Michael J. Rosen]

Who could resist that grin?

Dear Dad- I finally head home today for Thanksgiving. I'll be sure to give mom a big hug and help her with everything that needs to be done around the house. Dear Meghan- I had a great time teaching you how to use my minolta today! Thanks for braving the cold to go take pictures of squirrels with me. I can't wait to develop this film and show you the rocking pictures you took. Dear Appleton- You are just 5 hours away! You hold promises of yarn shopping, great food, donating plasma, spending a morning at North, seeing the fam, petting chaya, and running into bestfriend's arms. I can't wait!


Live Simply November Update
Best: I am so much more productive, and it is such a blessing! I have a lot more time on my hands, and I feel more on top of things than I did before. Also, I feel like without LSN I wouldn't be striving to make the most out of every day. I don't know if I would have gone to the small group leader training, church, or IV this weekend if it weren't for LSN. Also, there's pretty much no way I would've had time to run and swim last night, but without distractions to fill my time, my night was wide open. 
Worst: I keep thinking about what life will be like when I have all of the distractions back. If I'm going to be completely honest, this month was a lot easier than other months of my life. No facebook to update, no need to reply to texts, no need to search for new music, and packing, laundry, and picking out clothes is a snap. I will definitely have some thinking to do when this month is over to decide how much of these distractions I want to let back into my life. 
Cheats: Two more texts. Also I used a long sleeved shirt and some soccer pants last night for my run because we had to go outside and I did not want to run in shorts and a T-shirt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...