Monday, November 14, 2011

"It’s funny how it`s the little things in life that mean the most, not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes, there`s no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I`ve come to know." [Zac Brown Band]

I wish so badly that I could blog about La Crosse, but I don't feel that I can really do it justice with the little time I have tonight. Instead I will be sharing just some of the "insights" I've gained since coming to college in September. Many of them are things you've probably already heard, as I know I have, but these things are significant because they've really started to ring true to me recently. It is my hope that this list will continue to grow and to become even more true to me as the year goes on. 


1. Don't judge based on a first impression, appearance, or what a person "seems" to be (facebook, friends, stereotypes).
2. Be open to new perspectives, ideas, and music tastes.
3. Expectations will be unmet, and this can be an absolutely wonderful thing. Sometimes it is impossible to imagine how great someone/something will turn out to be.
4. Make up, nice clothes, and new music aren't all that matter... sometimes it's the small things and the people you're with that really make life "perfect." Sometimes it's country music, an old cabin, peeing in the woods, and getting your boots dirty that help you to appreciate the small things. (La Crosse mixed with LSN taught me a great deal of this.)  
5. Patriotism. I have never fully appreciated the military or the people who fight for our nation, and I am very grateful that this has changed. 
6. I can do anything I set my mind to. My past fears, social boundaries, and the set "person" I saw myself as no longer have to be. I can branch out and try new things, I can make goals and work towards them, I can reach and strive and become that person I thought I was never "good enough" to be. 

P.S. I never though I'd be using country lyrics as a blog title. I also never though I'd be able to rest my head against the window and feel completely relaxed as country music filled the car. I even broke down and turned my radio to country today, because I missed it. This is what visiting a country(hick)-town does to a person I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...