Tuesday, May 31, 2011

[Farewell Letters]

"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops." 
[Henry Brooks Adams]


Letters for my teachers and students today :)

Dear Dad- I really miss you around, your smiling face, your sense of humor, and your outlook on life. I miss you and love you so much. Dear Mr. Eastman- I don't know where to begin. I love your passion for teaching, for your students, and for life. I look forward to your class everyday, not just for it's content, but also to see you and listen to your crazy antics. You have been one of the most influential people in my life, and I am so glad you're my teacher. I love our sixth hour chats and that I can come to you with anything. You are so encouraging and you take pride in knowing your students. Thank you for being such an amazing teacher and human being. Dear Mr. Ramponi- You are such an extraordinary teacher. You have taught me not only about literature, but about life. You are an incredible story teller, and you have such a great sense of humor. Thank you for looking out for me and putting yourself out there; you were the first one and I will always remember that. Dear Mrs. Klunder- The tears in our eyes matched when you gave me my gold star today. Thank you so much for understanding and appreciating what I've been through. Your intelligence, determination, and spunk make me excited and hopeful for my future. Thank you for the endless hours you've put in to teach me calculus, and for not giving up on me even when I was ready to call it quit. Dear Mr. Aamot- Craig. We've spent nearly 900 class periods together. I cannot believe that today was next to last. Even though you have many flaws, I still love you. You have an interesting sense of humor, sense of style, and a personality that I don't think anyone could pin down. You have taught me so much about music, looking outside myself, and about reaching out to others. Dear Mrs. Crockford- I have learned so much from you this year, and you should be proud that most of it is through observation. From watching you I have learned how to handle even the most difficult of situations, students, and parents. I have loved working with you, and I think it will give me invaluable experience for my future. Dear First Graders- I will miss you little peanuts more than I can express. Each of you has such a different learning style, sense of humor, temperament, and way of thinking. I have learned so much from each of you, and it truly saddens me that I won't be there to watch you all grow into amazing men and women. You have touched my heart in a way that I still don't understand.


P.S. This year has been a year of learning. I can thank each and every one of my teachers for getting me through this incredibly difficult year I've had, each in their own way. I have also learned from all of them that teaching is indubitably what I want to do with my life. To touch the life of another is of infinite value.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...