Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Texas Adventures; Day One


Gonna miss this girl. 

So as of today I have officially had 10,000 page views on this blog. Whatever that means. I think it's supposed to be noteworthy.

I am currently sitting in the Kansas City airport, waiting for my 7:45 flight. Its slightly amusing as a man sprints by for his flight which is approximately 10 feet away. A woman walks to the gate and kicks a fruit snack that some kid dropped. I see gatherings of families and feel a pang of jealousy, but many are traveling alone. 

I am in dire need of some sustenance, but I cannot decide what I want to eat, so I am just sitting here, killing time by blogging. Also, I have a bit of a stuffy nose, and my ears still haven't fully popped. I walked off the plane nearly deaf because of the pressure. Not my favorite part of flying, but in general, I absolutely LOVE flying. 

The thrill of not really knowing where you're supposed to be, going through the weird security checks, sitting around people-watching, and of course, the free pretzels and beverages. I always get orange juice, though I have no idea why. My absolute favorite part of flying has to be take off. I just love watching the world rush by as we are going a bajillion miles per hour, literally flying by, but still the wheels are on the ground. Every time I am speeding down the runway I morbidly wonder what would happen if we smashed into a brick wall/concrete block/skyscraper. I seriously think this every time. 

So there you have it, day one of my wonderful adventure to Austin, Texas. 

Currently reading: Pillars of the Earth 
Currently listening to: The Civil Wars 
Currently sporting: white crochet top and blue & white nautical shorts [Also, a hippie headband because no one is here to stop me.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...