Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Texas Adventures; Day Two


Airstream, outdoor lights, food trailer.
Food trailers!
The turtle...named Michelangelo or Raphael, we never decided. 

Chang.
Canoes and kayaks on Lady Bird Lake, waiting for the fireworks.
Garrett wanted a senior picture photo shoot, so I complied.
Garrett, Matt, Me, and Garrett listening to the Austin Symphony. 

Garrett, Me, Chang, and Matt. Serious faces/duck faces.
Austin skyline, pre-fireworks.
My first day actually in Austin was jam-packed, to say the least. I started out the morning watching the Today show (a Garrett Hetrick must), eating greek yogurt, and standing on the porch in the perfect Texas morning weather. 

After getting ready, Garrett and I headed for the city to meet up with two other interns, Garrett and Chris(Chang). The four of us headed down to SoCo, but unfortunately many of the shops were closed. I am excited to head back there on my own and check it out and hopefully get more pictures. This is the coolest part of Austin, everything looks so vintage and like it's from a movie. I love that Austin uses tons of string lights above their patios and eating areas. It is basically the only thing I ever think about wanting for my wedding. 

After enjoying some delicious (and highly-sugared) shaved ice from Austin's Frigid Frog, we walked back to Garrett and Chang's apartment. We decided to head down to the pool to try and escape the 90+ degree weather. At the pool I met many of the other interns and Garrett (the other intern) brought down his blow up turtle. It was amusing bringing it on the elevator; there may have been some judgmental stares. 

That evening we headed to get some Thai food for dinner, which was totally a great deal because they had half price appetizers! Garrett and Garrett and I hung out in the apartment while Chang went out with Matt, another intern. Garrett and Garrett discovered even more similarities that they have, and we decided they are basically long lost twins. When the guys came back the 5 of us walked down to Lady Bird Lake to enjoy the Austin symphony and fireworks. We headed back to the apartment where we were parked and hung out for about an hour before heading home. While I was there I decided to do Garrett and Chang a favor by doing their dishes (per Chang's request), and when I was done I asked them where they normally dry their dishes. Their response? "Well, we normally just put everything in the dishwasher." They had a dishwasher the whooooole time, folks. It was pretty hilarious, and a good example of just how much these guys pick on me. All in all it was a very entertaining first day in Austin. 

Currently listening to: Mumford & Sons
Currently reading: A recipe to make bread from fruit pulp after juicing.
Currently sporting: Suntanned shoulders
Austin Longhorns Count: 32

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...