Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"You can still do something..." [Jamie Buss]

You know why best friends are so great? Because sometimes they say exactly what you need to hear. (Even if it's not exactly what you want to hear.) 
That's what happened this Sunday, when I was visiting Jamie. We were sitting outside, discussing our future, as we often do, and I said that I wanted to do something next summer. Like really do something with my summer.  Jamie stopped me and said "You can still do something this summer." I sort of shrugged it off, said I suppose she might be right, but didn't really believe what she was saying. 


But I guess it got me thinking. I pretty much have spent this summer thinking I've been doing nothing with my summer, with my life, and I've been doing little to change that. However, looking back, I have done quite a lot, maybe not anything horribly noteworthy, but I've made goals and accomplished them, and that's something. 


More importantly, Jamie changed my outlook, and my actions, regarding the rest of the summer. I am not going to sit here and waste each day. I am going to crack down on that summer bucket list. I am going to intentionally make a difference in people's lives. I am going to check off every last ambition on my crafting list. I am going to take that backpacking trip because my heart yearns for it. I am going to do another simplifying month, not because I feel like I have to or because I like rules, but because it's something I've been genuinely wanting to do this summer. 


Ending with the words of one of my favorite wise men. 


"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." - Henry David Thoreau


What are you doing to chase after your dreams? Are you living the life you have imagined for yourself? It's not too late to change, it is never too late to become that person you see yourself being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...