Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"I will fight to forever to make it right." [J.B.]

Over the weekend, my eyes were opened to how truly blessed I am. 

Before the triathlon, in my corral 
Sparkling grape juice
Delicious crepes made by Lara!
Marisa, Lara, and Lara's chair she loves so much.
Love these two!
Friends are such a blessing. 
This girl couldn't be any more beautiful.
Beach lovin'
Photocredit: Jamie Buss
Friday
...As I often do (and am extremely grateful that I do), I spent Friday night with my mother. 
...The two of us went to a MobilePack, a volunteer event put on to help the mission of Feed My Starving Children. We got to spend two hours learning about the organization, wearing awesome hairnets, screaming "soy!" at the top of our lungs, and most importantly, helping to package over 50,000 meals for those in need. Did you know that the world produces enough food to feed everyone over 2,800 calories a day? And yet, so many people are starving. It would be a dream to someday work for this organization in some capacity, especially as part of their mission is to do the work of God. 
...After grabbing a wrap at Copper Rock, we headed home for an early bedtime to prepare for the next morning. 

Saturday
...I woke up before 6, so obviously this was a pretty significant day. It was time for the long-awaited (and partially dreaded) Fremont Triathlon
...After registering and checking out the course, I did my (newly established) pre-race ritual of listening to J-Biebs, eating a peanut butter wrap, and tattooing my arm. 
...The race was nothing short of challenging, encouraging, and a blast. I loved the swim, and I'm proud to say I lead my heat. The biking was hardest for sure, and it was easy to get discouraged on the long ride, but oftentimes fellow triathletes would shout encouraging things at me as they passed me on the course. The run was a blur. Figuratively of course, I couldn't have been going more than 6 mph, but I don't really remember it that well. 
...My co-workers were there to lifeguard and they all stayed to cheer me on and encourage me throughout the race, which was a huge blessing. 
...After the exhausting morning, I went home to get ready with Marisa and Lara for our picnic. We had crepes, bread and brie, sparkling grape juice, veggie pizza, dip and crackers, and I had a peach. It was sooo good and we were full to the bursting for the next few hours. 
...We spent the night in Marisa's basement watching movies and dumb TV shows. I did some work for RHA and then we all went home. 

Sunday
...I got up early for church and my first week of volunteering with the babies. They were so adorable and I just love holding little ones. 
...I picked up Skylar and was able to meet his dad and stepmom before we left for Milwaukee. 
...Skylar and I picked up Jamie and got to see Hannah, Margo, and Ryan! It was pretty great. 
...The three of us spent the day in Milwaukee, walking on the beach, drinking yummy coffee, and eating at Panera
...Skylar and I dropped Jamie off so she could watch Bachelorette, and then we drove back home, stopping near Mayville to talk in a park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...