Monday, July 9, 2012

Texas Adventures; Day Seven


Bike/run/walk trail
Austin skyline from the trail
Next to the gazebo
Home Slice Margarita Pizza
Hotel San Jose
SoCo
Hey Cupcake!
Dam. Storm.
Today I got to explore Austin solo. Garrett dropped me off in SoCo, but because most of the shops were closed still, I went to a grocery store and got some iced tea. Then I walked the trail next to Lady Bird Lake and took some pictures. I found a gazebo with some men snoozing and reading and I joined them, reading Pillars of the Earth. I headed into downtown and stopped at some local boutiques as well as Urban Outfitters just to kill some time. 

Around 11 I headed to Jo's for coffee and read my book while I was waiting to meet up with Mr. Aamot. I had told him I would be in the city, asking for some suggestions for good coffee, and he asked to join me. We sat in Jo's for a while chatting and then he drove us to Whole Foods, because apparently I was missing out on a big part of the Austin experience by not going to this Whole Foods. We then just drove around the city, listening to country music, and seeing more of the local favorites. 

Mr. Aamot dropped me off back in SoCo, where I stopped at Home Slice for a delicious lunch. Then I shopped the different stores along the street. I found a ring at a shop called Parts and Labour, and I am stoked because it fits both my thumb and my pointer finger, bonus! I spent probably two hours in Uncommon Objects, an antique-based shop filled with random goods. I finished my walk along SoCo by stopping by Hey Cupcake! and getting a delicious vanilla/chocolate cupcake. 

Garrett picked me up and we headed to Torchy's Taco trailer where I had a most delicious portabella mushroom taco. We then drove around UT, aka Hogwarts, before leaving the city. We were stuck in traffic for about an hour, and spent half of our driving storm running. We decided that we were going to start a hit new show called storm runners; it's like storm chasers only you run from the storm and you win if you get home before the rain. (We won.) It was pretty scary but also pretty hysterical. 

I fly out of weird Austin tomorrow, heading back to reality. More on that tomorrow. 

Currently listening to: Long Hot Summer
Currently reading: My bank account balance...scary stuff
Currently sporting: A rockin' silverware ring
Funniest conversation of the day: Mr. Aamot "I drive a lot, and you gotta listen to country music when you drive." Me "Yeah I totally agree! That and Justin Bieber" Mr. Aamot "I'm just going to pretend you didn't say that. You lost me at J-" Me "Hey, you started it. You're the one that made us sing 'Baby' at the Northside concert." Mr. Aamot "True. It was good. You couldn't help but join in singing." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...