Monday, July 16, 2012

“It is only a slight exaggeration to say that happiness is the experience of spending time with people you love and who love you.” [Daniel Kahneman]

Over the weekend, I got to spend hours in the car, as a means to see so many people I love.


 Funfetti cake, delicious buttercream frosting(that I ate by the spoonful), and Jamie's stylin' apron.
Stargazing during the day is kind of the best.
On our adventure!
Peace. Love. Water.
Exploring! The tree in the distance is the one we climbed over.

Friday
...I stayed at home and made about 5 homemade cards for various needs... pretty excited about how my wedding card/envelope turned out.
...My mom and I spent the evening eating a late dinner of grilled homemade pizza and peaches and watching this thriller.
...I enjoyed a bowl of Reece's Puffs before heading out to sleep in the (much cooler) tent.

Saturday
...After work, I headed over to Mara's and she did my hair for the wedding while we drank mango juice and ate pastries.
...I had lunch (with a peach of course), got ready, and drove off to the wedding in Sheboygan.
...Skylar met me downtown and we drove to the wedding together. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Everything was so well done, and I was bursting with excitement to see my friend Hannah walking down the aisle in a bridesmaid dress. Next time I see her coming down the aisle, I will be up front and she will be wearing white. I am so excited for my dear friend.
...The reception was a blast! From dancing, to barefoot soccer (in a dress, I might add), to floating lanterns, it was a night to remember. Hannah, Joel, and Skylar all got along really well, which was really gratifying.
...I spent the night at Hannah's old house in Sheboygan, so thankful for a bed and some air conditioning after a long, hot night.

Sunday
...After sleeping in, we sat around the house, chatting, eating, and watching mine and Hannah's remake of this movie intro. We made it two and a half years ago, and it was amusing (ahem, embarrassing) to say the least.
...I left Sheboygan Milwaukee-bound, to see my best friend before her birthday. (Which is today! Happy Birthday Jamie!)
...We had an absolutely perfect day. We baked a birthday cake, laid outside and ate cherries, went on a crazy fun adventure which involved crawling across a broken tree over a river and hopping rock to rock to get back, and had an amazing dinner of ratatouille sandwiches followed by fro-yo.
...I drove back home late that night, memorizing the raps from this song and this song to stay awake.

I am looking forward to a FULL week of seeing many more of my friends, starting some volunteer work, and trying my first tri

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...