Sunday, July 8, 2012

Texas Adventures; Day Six

                   [day one] [day two] [day three] [day four] [day five] [day seven] [end of the road]

All of my pictures are of food today. Completely raw, unedited. 






For the first time since I got here, Garrett and I did almost nothing, and it was perfect. I slept in, spent the morning sitting around drinking coffee, read my book, and called my mother. After drinking more fresh juice, I decided I should probably go to the clinic for pink eye. Oops. (Mono, cold, ear infection, pink eye, all in three weeks.) 

We ate peanut butter and egg sandwiches, with berries on the side for lunch. I also munched on some pickled beans, pretty sure I ate half a jar this week. Garrett prepped some crab cakes and then we watched Contagion, a pretty gripping movie. I talked to Hannah on the phone and I am so excited to see my girl this weekend! 

 We ate a dinner of crab cakes (complete with greens, avocado, creole tarter, and toasted buns), accompanied by lemonade and more pickled beans. After our delicious dinner we watched We Bought A Zoo. I guess it was just a Matt Damon kind of Sunday. A great way to spend a raining day in Texas. 




Currently listening to: This soundtrack
Currently reading: A map of Austin, for my day of exploring tomorrow
Currently sporting: glasses, unfortunately, for the next few days
New favorite quote: You know, sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage. Just literally 20 seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.
- Matt Damon; We Bought a Zoo



1 comment:

  1. It's ALWAYS a Matt Damon kind of day
    if not, you're doing it wrong

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...