Friday, July 20, 2012

"A bicycle does get you there and more.... And there is always the thin edge of danger to keep you alert and comfortably apprehensive. Dogs become dogs again and snap at your raincoat; potholes become personal. And getting there is all the fun." [Bill Emerson]

Dear Dad- Thanks for leaving me with a bike that's just my height. So glad I was able to put over 100 miles on it already this summer. Dear Racerback Tan Line- You may not be the most attractive look ever, but you are proof that I have been running, swimming, and biking out in the sunshine this summer and that makes me really joyous. Also, I'm pretty sure that chlorine mixed with sweat is the most delicious perfume ever. Dear Lara- I started listening to Of Monsters and Men today thanks to you and I am in lurrrve. I am giddy just thinking about the fact that we are going to be going to school together this fall. I don't know what I'd do without you after this wonderful summer we've had. 


Humanity High:  One of the little buggers in my swimming lesson this morning just lives to contradict me, defy me, and be all-around difficult. When I asked the kids to walk down to the shallow end and pick up the three piles of kickboards on the way, he picked up all three. There's something special about you, kid. Thanks for reminding me that there's good in everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...