Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light." [Norman B. Rice]

There they are, Justin and the gang. 


Dear Dad- Matt said that this video reminds him of some of the stories you used to tell. True that. I really miss hearing about your time in the Navy, how you broke your leg, and just all of the life adventures you had. Dear Bon Iver- Thank you for the amazing music last night. It was such a magnificent experience to hear the music in the place that it was written about. Justin Vernon, just as you said, the whole concert, being home in this city, everything was "insanely perfect." Thank you for the incredible show. Dear Tuesday Morning- You were just one of those crazy wonderful mornings. Sleeping in until almost 10, getting my art presentation done, and getting the call coaching position at Telefund. Plus I got to see Bitty and Katarina this morning, and now I have a few hours for coffee and watching Friends. 


P.S. With all of the stress surrounding my friends' lives right now, I have been struggling because they aren't able to spend as much time with me, or give me the attention I think I need. I am constantly reminding myself that although they love me, they do have a lot on their plates, so they don't have time to spend with me like they usually do. I need to understand and respect this, as well as try to help them as much as I can. Whenever I feel myself struggling with this I remember Philippians 2:3-5, "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests but also to the interests of others. Your attitudes should be the same as that of Christ Jesus." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...