Sunday, October 23, 2011

[Over the Weekend]

I had a fairly busy week, but I know how awesome it can be to remember the great little things that happened. So here are some snipets of things that made me smile last week.

Hennagir and I on the way to the Leadership Retreat, we had a lot of pixie sticks on that bus ride... 
This kid pretty much always makes me smile.
Please, who WOULDN'T smile when looking at this shirt? I was really tempted to buy it...

...A SUPER FUN Leadership Retreat last weekend with all of my favorites. (We still have to make our shirts...)
...Having my math class canceled.
...Being able to eat "specialty pizzas" and play nertz with Bitty.
...Watching this movie close to three times.
...Sleeping in the most comfortable sweatshirt ever.
...Receiving hand-delivered snacks, a mix-cd, and a hug when I was really stressed out and overwhelmed.
...Reconnecting with my lovely Mara Lane.
...Eating an entire bag of carrots in one evening and discovering how to make "shredded" carrots.
...Having a heart-to-heart with my sister(biological) and learning so much about her past that I never knew. It just made me realize how blessed I am to have such great people in my life to look up to and to strive to be like.
...Learning how to tell all about my day just through eye contact.
...Sprinting to Starbucks at 9:35...and getting there about 20 minutes before close.
...Having great nighttime conversations with Bitty and Meghan, even though this may have caused Bitty and I to get asked to quiet down by an RA(third time in two weeks...).
...Having an incredibly entertaining night at Telefund, complete with coloring, pledges(!), and Halloween cookies.
...TWO phone calls from the lovely Garrett, holy BONUS batman!
...Having my lovely mother come visit me!
...Getting a catch-up email from my brother and Mr. Eastman(finally...)
...Dinner at the best restaurant in Eau Claire. Veggie burgers, sweet potato fries, and cornbread made a delicious end to my Friday.
...Thrifting and finding 4 new sweaters to love.
...Getting a new warm hat so I can make it across the bridge without becoming frozen like a statue.
...My mother teaching me how to knit! I'm so excited to make a scarf like this one!
...Watching this movie with some incredible 4W girls, a loaf of pumpkin bread, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
...Meghan winning Strip Nertz, allowing me to keep my pants on...literally.
...A great deal on some new shoes, perfect for fall colors and weather!
...A wonderful Sunday morning at church with my mother and friend Heather, followed traditionally by a delicious lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...