Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!" [Charles Dickens]

In the making
 The final product


Dear Dad- Sometimes I wish you were here so I could ask you questions about when you were in the military. Your handsome picture of you in your navy uniform on the refrigerator reminded me of this. Dear Christmas Gifts- I can finally cross you off of my to do list. I loved picking out gifts for my friends and family, and I had a great time making some of them today with Garrett. Now, time for wrapping! This year I'm using ribbons, twine, paper bags, and buttons! Dear Colbert Report- I have watched about 5 episodes today alone. I think this is becoming an unhealthy obsession.


P.S. With the holidays coming up, many of the blogs I read begin talking about family traditions. It makes me remember all of the things I did with my family growing up, and it excites me thinking about the new traditions I will someday make with my own family. There are days when I get impatient, I feel so ready to get married and have children and make my own little circle of life and love. Then I remember all of the growing and learning I still need to do before I can begin to give my life to others in such a way. It makes me a bit sad too, knowing that before I even realize it, my family will be grown up, ready to take on their own lives, ready to reach their own goals. But I am getting ahead of myself. In just 8 days I will be home with my wonderful family, my two older siblings and my mother; we will reform the intense bonds that hold us together and amidst all the chaos, it will be warm and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...