Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you. That's where I'll be waiting." [Hook]

Over the weekend, I was able to go home and do so many amazing things!
My wrapped gifts! Brown paper, ribbons, buttons, and homemade gift tags. 
Best. Lunch. Ever.
Friday
...Garrett and I got up early to avoid mall traffic and get in some final christmas shopping. I also found some new jeggings and a blazer, both of which were on my "needs" list after my clothing challenge during LSN.
...We headed back to Hetrick's house to do some crafting...apparently Garrett's new favorite thing. 
...I got to split a delicious #13 with my mom, as per tradition. 
...Mara Lane came over and after a wonderful hug we hopped in the car and headed over to Jenna's house to see her for the first time since she moved in August. 
...The three of us headed back over to Hetricks', picked up some Chinese, and went to see Sherlock Holmes. It was pretty good I thought, but mostly I was just so happy to be with these wonderful people again.


Saturday
...Garrett and I got up early again, but this time it was to work out. We had our first trip to the Y complete with cardio and some crazy weight machine time. So pumped to continue this throughout break. 
...I headed back home and ate my favorite lunch EVER: chocolate milk, a spicy black bean burger, and spinach salad with feta cheese, walnuts, and raspberry vinaigrette. 
...I met up with Jenna at North and we saw Holiday Classics. The show was different than past years, yes, but it was still really amazing, it still brought tears to my eyes, and it was obvious how much joy and work the performers put into it. 
...Jenna and I went back to her Grandma's house and had a DELICIOUS dinner. How I missed the Riesterer's cooking...
...Jenna and I headed back to North to see Improvedy, another fantastic show. It was good to see people that still go to North like Lauren, Tori, and Laurel, but it was also cool seeing some of the returning college students. 
...After spending two days apart from my family here in Eau Claire, I got pretty lonely, so I had a skype sesh with Deaven, Meeghan, and Lauren. 


Sunday
...I had the opportunity to go to Community Church, where Jenna, Jill, and Molly go, and Austin and Garrett's dad is the pastor. I love going to Community Church because everyone is such a family, and I feel really accepted and loved, despite the fact that my family has never gone there. 
...I spent the rest of the day at home with my mom, enjoying spinach omelets, wrapping Christmas presents, decorating the tree, and baking cookies. 
...That night Garrett drove me to Bitty's where I spent the night (SLEEPOVER!) so we could get an early start back to Eau Claire the next morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...