Thursday, December 8, 2011

“There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it.” [Charles Dudley Warner]

Dear Dad- Thanks for loving me even though I suck at sports. That's all. Dear Finals Week- Thank goodness I am going home before you, I am bored out of my mind as it is. Everyone is running around like crazy, doing homework and papers and projects, and I just basically knit and watch friends because I have so much freaking time on my hands. It's enough to drive a person crazy. I WANT MY FRIENDS BACK! Dear Minneapolis Road Trip- T-Minus 19 hours. I can't believe it. Here's to a weekend of matching shirts, mini sticks, lots of pictures, and more shopping that I even want to imagine. 


P.S. This is a pretty profound statement, but when I raise my kids, I want them to think they are entitled to nothing except love. Love is the only thing that can really be guaranteed and the only that that can't be earned. Respect, opportunities, material goods, relationships, these things all must be worked for. But love? It is automatic with God. Even on days when my child might feel like no one loves them, I want them to know that God still does. I really hope it never gets to the point where my child feels that way, but it is comforting knowing that God can always be there and can always provide love when the world provides seemingly nothing. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...