Thursday, July 21, 2011

[Letters]

"By building relations we create a source of love and personal pride and belonging that makes living in a chaotic world easier."  [Susan Lieberman]
I miss the days when we had fortnight game night in an actual fort. 

Dear Dad- Remember when we used to sit and watch Sarah Connor Chronicles? I would be constantly confused because I HATED the idea of time travel. I miss you. Dear Michael- Thank you for killing the wasp up in the office today that REFUSED to die. We know now that we can count on you to save a damsel in distress. Or five. Pretty sure the best part was you freaking out when it stuck to your shoe. Dear Fortnight Game Night- You're a great excuse to chill with my homies every other week and play board games. So pumped for you tonight! 



P.S. The feeling of belonging is one of the best feelings in the world. I love going to work now for that reason. We are becoming friends, a family even in ways. We complain about our supervisors, gossip about chemical levels, tell hilarious stories about the little ones, laugh with our bosses, and make up dumb songs when we're teaching. I especially love smoothie runs and I'm so excited for our Tuesday night water aerobics class where we get to hang out with cool older ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...