Monday, July 25, 2011

[Letters]

"In our houses we have nooks and corners in which we like to curl up comfortably. To curl up belongs to the phenomenology of the verb to inhabit, and only those who have learned how to do so can inhabit with intensity." [Gaston Bachelard]
all images © kinfolk magazine. all rights reserved. 

Dear Dad- I wish you were around for mom. She misses having someone around the house when her teenage daughter is out watching the Bachelorette with friends. Dear Kinfolk Magazine- I am in love! Your entire "solitude" section of the magazine is loosely based off of(and highly quoted from) Walden. You are the perfect thought provoking read and I am really finding the need to spend some quality time with myself, outdoors, alone with my thoughts. I am so excited for more beautiful pictures, interesting articles, and ideas for future gatherings. The whole manifesto just excites me. Dear Obama- Thank you for interrupting Bachelorette to bring us news about the budget crisis. Although the news is grave, I appreciate that I have a president who is looking out for our nation and our families, and who takes the time to explain to us the situation and what he plans on doing to remedy it. I feel like I've been thrown back to the 1930's and am listening to FDR's fireside chats


P.S. One of the ideas in Kinfolk Magazine was that we spend so much time on social networking, but no time focusing on solitude. I think it is so important that we learn to take a step back from the computer and find ourselves. I want to create, discover, relax, and finally explore the inner reaches of my own mind. 


quote and photo inspired from: http://hila-lumiere.blogspot.com/2011/07/kinfolk-magazine-interview.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...