Wednesday, July 20, 2011

[Letters]

My new camera case.

Dear Dad- You once said that the greatest thing I did for this family was bring life into the house. I'm sorry I have to leave for college, but I know you'd be as excited as I am for this next phase in my life. Dear Chipotle Tabasco- Your delicious kickin' taste makes having taco salad every week much more exciting. Dear Thrift Store Find- I'm so pumped that for just a dollar I now have a stylin' case to tote around my camera, lens, flash, and film! HOLY MOLEY WHAT A DEAL!


P.S. Sometimes I feel that we teenagers have our priorities seriously mixed up. We spend evenings, days, and weekends with our friends, avoiding trips, dinners, and time with our families. We'd rather drive around doing nothing with our friends for two hours than play a game of cards with our parents. The thing is, many friendships are fleeting. They will last a year or two, the good ones may last through college, but we will always have our families. Maybe that's why we don't try to spend so much time with our families, because we think they will always be there. The truth is, we need to remember our parents, the time they gave, the sacrifices they made. It's time to skip a few movie marathons with friends and head home for a family meal, to be with the people who love us so much and who may not always be there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...