Monday, July 18, 2011

[A Week Across Wisconsin]

I dedicate this blog post to Garrett Hetrick, who was distraught, rightfully so, when I didn't blog about seeing him. I am doing a less-than-perfect job at keeping up with my blog lately, but this will change, I promise. 
So, the moment you've all been waiting for: MY BEST WEEK EVER! I traveled to Lakewood, back to Appleton, Milwaukee, Door County, back to Milwaukee, Cascade, and finally, home. 
Sunset cruise, post boat parade.
The beautiful lake.
We obviously are not lacking in 4th of July spirit. 


Dear Buss Cottage- You never fail to provide the perfect weekend. Delicious grilled veggies, deluxe hummus sandwiches, boating, card games, sun, and laughter. The weather even cooperated this weekend, hot days without a cloud in the sky are perfect for being out at the lake. Dear Fourth of July- A boat parade(complete with water balloon fight and sunset), hilarious outfits, scared doggies, delicious American food, and fireworks. What more could I ask for to celebrate independence day? Dear Terry and Andrea- Even though you guys beat me and Jamie at euchre, you two provide us with all of the food, take us out on the boat, and even entertain us with raft-chasing and conversations about cannibals. 


Just an everyday picture with my seester. We should be models. 
Before Florence and Black Keys. Beyond excited.


Dear Milwaukee Traffic- You scared the bajeebers out of me at first, but I think I'm a bit more comfortable with cars weaving in and out all around me and having to switch lanes about every 10 seconds to avoid ending up in Guam. Dear Seester- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for taking me to the greatest concert of my life. Thanks for putting up with the cloud of pot smoke around us, Cage the Elephant, and the guy with the creepy smile. Also, thanks for calling the MU limo really early so we could sprint three blocks, that was fun. Dear Room 412- You guys are hilarious. Between Brit's eating habits (16 tacos),  Paula's cracks ("I want a big dog. One that I can ride to work"), and Allison's nutsie skills, I'm pretty sure I wished I lived with you guys 24/7. 


Back in Milwaukee after the long drive. Note the green "drive through" pass from the state park. I got it from a ranger who told me not to "dilly dally" or another ranger would come around and ticket me. 


Dear Garrett- Pretty sure the most exciting part about this week was getting that phone call from you Wednesday night. I think it's a pretty good show of friendship if I'm willing to get up at 5:00 am after a late night concert and drive you three hours to Door County, only to turn back again. Dear Three Hour Solo Drive- Thank you for showing me that I have a. Confidence while driving b. A sense of direction c. Great dance skills d. Enough patience to handle this long of a car ride with myself. This was actually incredibly fun, and I would easily do it again, especially if I have my mix of Lupe Fiasco, Black Keys, Florence, Cory Chisel, and Mumford blasting on the stereo. Dear Starbucks- Thanks for keeping me awake on my six hour, 6:00 am drive. Although I think 5 shots of espresso might have been overkill...


From a previous family reunion, just a taste of how crazy they can be.


Dear Family Reunion- You were a killer time as always. I LOVE MY COUSINS SO MUCH! Also, swimming around for an hour with a 6 year old on my back was a pretty good work out. Dear Corn on the Cob- You are D-to the- licious! Especially when dipped in vat of melted butter. There really is no other way to enjoy you. 


The crazy Hetrick boys. "Don't look at my toenail... I'm afraid you could, like, rip it off" -Austin Hetrick


Dear Hetrick Household- You never fail to contain joy under your roof. I would say this was an especially joyful night, the one night I got to spend with Garrett when he was home. Dear Austin- You made all of us laugh so hard with your crazy overtired brain. Also, I'm really honored to be on your best friends list twice, and I made it before Mike Tyson, so that's saying something. Dear 3:00 am Bedtime- Worth it. 


P.S. The fact that I am soooo not keeping up with my blogging has me slightly concerned for college. My motivation factor needs to increase exponentially before September. This is why I will practice by blogging more than once a week. Over and out. 

1 comment:

  1. If you ended up in Guam while driving, you have greater talents than just changing lanes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...