Thursday, June 30, 2011

[Letters]

Olav, Jamie, and I dressed up in our "1920s" attire. 


Dear Dad- Transformers 3 comes out today. Even though we both know it won't be as good as the first, I'm positive you would have used your Christmas present to go see this in the cheap seats with me. We would have skipped dinner and eaten too much popcorn and come home and whined to mom about our stomachs hurting. I miss you. Dear 1920s-Attire-French-Cuisine Picnic- You were the perfect summer event. Warm breezes skipped off the river as we chowed down on fruit, french bread, brie, and most importantly, sparkling grape juice. Dear Bridesmaids- You are an unlikely movie to change a person's outlook, but somehow you changed mine. (Spoiler Alert) Watching Annie's life fall apart around her and having her just sit on the sidelines watching and not doing anything was so frustrating and eye opening. I look at my life and wonder why my room is a mess, why I never journal, why I haven't played guitar in months, and why I don't even remember what working out entails. I guess I didn't make the connection that sleeping until 10, watching Community on my laptop multiple times a day, and compulsively checking facebook were the reasons I wasn't doing the things I truly wanted to do. I once read in a running magazine "It's your life, own it." It's not exactly my philosophy, but it's a good motivator nonetheless. Here's to change. 


P.S. I think it's interesting that in relationships we tend to blame the other person without actually examining ourselves. If I think to myself "This person never opens up to me." Do I open up to them? "Why is she always so touchy?" Maybe I'm the touchy one, and when I get touchy I lash out. I guess what I'm saying is that the problem one person in a relationship has with another, is probably something that they are also failing to bring to the relationship. It's something I need to look at in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...