Monday, May 16, 2011

[Letters]

"Where there is perfection there is no story to tell." [Ben Okri]

Dear Dad- You're missing prom, graduation, and sending me off to Italy. I can't even express how much this makes me miss you. Dear Mara Lane- Thank you for listening to and understanding my tribulations. My stomach ulcers are very grateful that I finally spoke about what was irking me. Dear Garrett- I'm so glad we finally got to skype yesterday, it's been ages since we've talked! It's good to know we can go months without talking and pick up right where we left off. Also, I'm really excited for you and all of the new things you're experiencing this summer in Cali. 


P.S. Perfectionism is a scary thing. It is such an easy trap to fall into. One moment I'm just doing everything the way it's supposed to be done, on time and in the right order, and the next thing I know, every thought is based on being "perfect." The only thing that matters is how others view me. I need them to look at me and see someone who "has it all together." Who is intelligent, a hard worker, a good daughter and friend, someone who says and does the all the right things. Well I am stepping down. I'm not perfect, and I'm not supposed to be. Life should not revolve around what others think of me. I am ready to find strength in pain and beauty in imperfection

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...