Wednesday, May 25, 2011

[Letters]

I apologize for not blogging for almost a week, but I haven't been in the right mindset. I have been sleepy, troubled, and sick. Here I am, once again, ready to write my heart out. Enjoy the extra letters today!


Dear Dad- Life has just been weird without you here. You should have been here before prom, awkwardly videotaping me struggling with Finn's boutineer. You should have been at Rachel's graduation with the tears that only occasionally visit your eyes, accompanied by the words that mean so much to us, "I'm so proud of you." You should be here so that mom and I aren't vegetarians, eating beans and vegetables for every meal. I miss you. Dear Finn- Thank you for working your butt of on our ghost story video that you aren't even a part of. I can't believe you've a. put up with me nagging you b. given up larping TWICE and c. worked around all of the technical difficulties. You truly are a gentleman. I probably owe you 10 boxes of charleston chews for this. Dear 4 Extra Hours of Sleep This Morning- You were absolutely blissful. It was so worth missing a few classes just to lay in my warm, comfortable bed. All I had to do was get sick. Dear Hanners- Thank you for the wonderful wall post today, I miss you so much. I'm going to be crazy happy if we can skype tonight. I miss your face woman! Dear Italy Trip- You are approaching faster than a speeding bullet! I just hope I can get myself put together and packed before the plane takes off. [Insert squeals of excitement and nervousness here]


P.S. I have had an apology tugging on my subconscious for days. I felt anger, hatred, and sadness whenever I was reminded about this particular incident. A friend gave me the advice to just apologize. Could it really be that simple? Even if I knew I was only partially in the wrong, would a few words really make that much of a difference? The minute after I finally apologized, I instantly felt my feelings overall, and especially towards that person, shift. I was no longer angry or upset or guilty. It was the most freeing thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...