Friday, May 20, 2011

[Letters]

"There is no such beauty as where you belong; Rise up, follow me, I will lead you home." [The Road Home]

Dear Daddy- Last night at the North Choir party our song was playing. It made me miss you more than I'll miss everyone in choir combined. Dear Choir- I think that because this is the third time you're mentioned in this post, it shows how crazy important you are. Every jem of a memory in highschool comes from you. Friday stories, trips, Holiday Classics, aamot speeches, Celtic Women, our sexy velvets, the Compassion Project (the most meaningful and community-effected events I have been a part of), hunky v-men, North Choir parties (complete with ting sings), tears, smiles, and most importantly, friendships and music. Not a day goes by that I am not utterly joyful and thankful to be part of something so incredible. I love each and every person I have gotten to know through choir. There is so much more to say, but I think it would be impossible to express the unspoken beauty;  the pulling of your soul during a particular phrase, the way so much is said in just catching someone's eye during Road Home, and the sheer humanity of opening your heart and letting the music flow freely. Dear Sunshine- I feel like you get many letters, but today I especially appreciate your warmth, as well as your ability to give me my freckles once again. 


P.S. It is interesting that we invest so much time and energy into relationships, even though we know they eventually have to come to an end. Is it because we are simply looking at short-term happiness, and we are unable to see the long-term ramifications? Or is it human nature; we need to have meaningful relationships in our lives so we can continue living? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...