Thursday, May 5, 2011

[Letters]


Dear Dad- I watched Pirates one & two today, and I was just thinking about how we went to see the third one together. You were seriously as confused as I was on that one, and that is saying something! I miss watching our action movies together. Dear bestfriend- Thank you for being there for me today, even though it included you almost being spilled on with BLOOD, risking your life in the car when I drove, putting up with Julie the cookie lady, and probably being bored out of your mind for at least 2 hours. You deserve 100 dollars of my love for that. Dear Mindy- Your spunky, crazy personality really made donating plasma today so much better. Thanks for keeping me calm, explaining the whole process, and keeping a giant smile on my face the whole time. 


P.S. Whats crazy about the whole process of giving plasma is that the most painful part is the stupid finger prick that they do to check if you have enough iron. You have to sit there with blood being pumped in and out of your body for an hour, with a grand finale of icy goo being pumped back in. You get giant needles stuck in your arm. You have to pay attention and squeeze a ball whenever the machine "chirps" or else you get out of the "green zone" and then you're in big trouble. Then after they yank the needles out and wrap your skin in sticky tape, you finally get to eat some cookies and get your "survivor" sticker. After all of that I feel just fine, but my stupid middle finger is killing me from a tiny prick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...