Tuesday, May 3, 2011

[Letters]

"Respect for another man's opinion is worthy. It is the realization that any opinion is valuable, for it is the sign of a rational being." [Sargent Shriver]

Dear Dad- I miss your beard and your sense of humor and your crutches and your crazy Saturday morning mohawks. Dear Crest Whitestrips(my secret weapon)- When I get 50% more whitestrips FREE, a $10 sale, and a $10 coupon, I KNOW I've run into a stellar deal. Thanks to you I am going to have pearrrrrly whites! Dear Prom- You cause SO MUCH DRAMA it's hilarious. I enjoy watching people freak out about numbers, reservations, dates, shoes, and everything else. Even I find myself caught up in the whirlwind. Seriously though people, it is ONE EVENING. It is NOT your wedding (contrary to popular belief). And most importantly, in the end, you won't even remember where you ate, the annoying people you went with, or the windy cold pictures. You're just going to remember how FREAKING HOT you were and how CRAZY FUN it was; if you choose to make it that way. 


P.S. Obviously being an educated and opinionated person, I have prominent political views. One thing I think is very important with politics is to let people EXPRESS their views, no matter how against mine they are. Even if I think what they are saying is ignorant and wrong, they have as much right to say it as I do, and chances are, someone out there might think I am ignorant too. So it doesn't matter what people's opinions are, I believe it is hypocritical and unconstitutional to ask others to not voice their opinions. (That just leads to groupthink and not wanting to "rock the boat." After all, no one wants another Bay of Pigs fiasco.) So go ahead, voice your opinions, as controversial as they might be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...