Monday, October 3, 2011

[Letters]

"Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." [Elizabeth Lawrence]
Rachel, me, and Matt at the apple orchard. 

Dear Dad- As tradition goes, we spent a fall weekend in Milwaukee. It was a glorious day filled with delicious food, a hike around Holy Hill (complete with youf...), and apple picking. Of course there was also talk about football, math education, and physical therapy. For dinner, we even got chinese food. We all miss you. Dear Bestfriend- Screaming and running into your arms was the perfect greeting this weekend. I loved listening to your stories, seeing Vern again, meeting your friends, but mostly, hearing your laugh again. I love your stellar advice and super-fun movie quotes. Also I love that we were able to watch Reba on Friday night and get bothered by drunk Bill. I love you. Dear Brit- I think our car ride activities were perfect. MASH, drawing portraits of our best friends, and having a little heart-to-heart about our weekends really made the three hour pilgrimage go by in a flash. (Although I think our driver may have been less than thrilled with our rambunctiousness.)

P.S. Friends are so important for advice. Whenever I have doubts, worries, or complicated situations I know I can call them up and they will be there for me. One person who has been especially wonderful is my soul sister Hannah. We met at camp four years ago and have remained close friends ever since, despite never living remotely near each other. Whenever we need a kind word, a christian opinion, or someone to load off all of our woes to we always call each other. We haven't seen each other for almost two years, but we still talk monthly and I know without a doubt that I will always have her in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...