Friday, October 14, 2011

[Live Simply November: A Challenge]


As November approaches, talk of "No Shave November" "Movember" and "No Make Up November" fills the air. So it caught my attention when my friend Annie said she was doing Live Simply November. She explained to me that Live Simply November was something she and a few friends were trying, to see if they could live simpler lives. They decided that they would cut out things like facebook, texting, spending money, make up, and excessive clothing. I was initially frightened, and then intrigued by the idea. I have started to come up with my own guidelines for my Live Simply November, and I'm excited and nervous to start. 

I am blogging about this now for a few reasons. One is because I decided to do it today. Another reason is  that I wanted to present this challenge to see if anyone else is interested. I know for me it will take a bit of mental preparation, as well as preparing my outfits for the month. I challenge anyone who is considering Live Simply November to take an account of their own life, find the distractions or excessive parts, and cut them out for a month. I will be posting my own "guidelines" one week before I begin my challenge. 

Another goal of my Live Simply November is to blog or write everyday, so expect new posts almost daily starting in November!

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to approach this in a slightly different way, and aim to do more "living" than I normally do. Here's what I'm thinking:
    -less time on facebook and other websites I use to waste my time
    -more reading for enjoyment
    -more time spent outside, even as it gets colder
    -less time complaining
    -doing my homework on a daily basis so it doesn't build up and so that I can "live" more
    -appreciating the people in my life in tangible ways (I will let you know how this works out specifically as it happens)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving reading your blog! The post before this was really great, and I think this one is really creative too! I've been going on this idea ever since I graduated high school. I use my phone only if I really need to, and I could just show you my dorm room to explain how little an amount of things I have haha. I'm pumped to read something here daily in November! You'll do great and rock this.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...