Thursday, September 22, 2011

[Letters]

“What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.”  
[Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.]
Just because it makes me smile. Drawn by Brittany, age 19. 

Dear Dad- I miss you more than ever this week. Maybe it's the 6-month mark creeping up on me. I love you. Dear LLC- We are now, we have become, the Leadership Living and Loving Community. I thank mostly Brian, but also you guys for finding it in yourselves to apologize. We girls here on 4W hope you enjoyed the candy peace offering. Dear 1st Pledge- I wanted to scream for joy and jump up and down when I got you today at work. Thank you Mr. Alum for making my night and donating to the ever-fabulous UWEC! Plus I got free cheerios and a reese's peanut butter cup out of the deal, so that pretty much rocks. Dear Govs- I feel so loved here. It makes my day to just walk in the lobby, down 1st floor(saying hi to my man friends along the way), look in on 3W and then pop on up to my "home" at 4W. I love that everywhere I go people are saying hi to me, recognize me, or I can just be my over-friendly self and strike up a conversation with a complete stranger. I love being a part of this community.

P.S. Who know that getting involved made life so rockin? Campus gets about 10 times smaller every time I join something or meet new people. (Maybe this was what my mom was trying to tell me all throughout high school...). I love the opportunities and all of the kind, friendly, open people here!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you have so much King in you. Remember when Kodiak said to Kathy "Mom, not EVERYONE wants to be your friend." hahah. But don't believe him.
    P.S. Never let Mom know she was right. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are happy! It truly does make a difference to get involved, it makes college super amazing! =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...