Sunday, April 17, 2011

[Letters]

"Moreover, I, on my side, require of every writer, first or last, a simple and sincere account of his own life..." [Henry David Thoreau]


Dear Dad- Thanks for keeping that belt from the seventies you obviously never wore after you turned 25; it fits me perfectly. I miss you. Dear Snow in the Middle of April- Thank you for letting me sit inside doing nothing, but seriously, move on. I'll see plenty of you next year. Dear Today's Letters- Thank you for being my motivation and my inspiration. Also, Happy (early) Birthday to your blog! Congrats on a whole year of crazy goodness. 

P.S.[Philosophical Speculations] I wonder if Thoreau knew he would be so influential 157 years after he wrote my favorite book. As reflects the title of this blog, Thoreau once wrote "Moreover, I, on my side, require of every writer, first or last, a simple and sincere account of his own life..." and that is what I plan to do. I plan to give, through daily letters and P.S. a simple and sincere account. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...