Sunday, September 16, 2012

[Monroe: Cheese Days 2012]

Over the weekend I drove down to Monroe to surprise Garrett at Cheese Days. 
New Glarus brewing company 
Boys by a pond... I'm fascinated by country living
Classic swiss alphorn
Cheese days on the square
A little one in her swiss dress
 Annette and Garrett at the parade. Love my second family!
She has two older sisters...can you tell?
Sometimes the nature trails I walk on look like this... I ignore it. Adventure. 

More photos from my stops on the way home to come... I'll spread them out through the week as to not overwhelm today's post with photos. 

Highlights include: Driving through hilly southwestern Wisconsin when the leaves were changing, the confused look on Garrett's face, the dancing Norman Bates, trying the famous batter-fried cheese curds, learning about true hillbilly Wisconsin, hearing tales from the Hetrick, Scott, and Augsburg families, laughing, drinking early a.m. coffee, quiet time in Romans, trying my first frozen banana, surprising my Grandma, eating Hetrick's homegrown pears and grapes, and stopping along nature trails to take photos on the drive home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...