Monday, August 27, 2012

[A Summer in Review: 2012]


When I look back to the beginning of the summer, I am stunned at how much my perspective changed. I felt bored, useless, restless. But, I was able to overcome that and use it to motivate me to get out there and actually do some of the things I was longing to do. Here's a recap of the summer, in list form. 

Miles Flown: 2,500
Miles Driven: 2,550
Miles Biked: 260

Best of Entertainment:
Favorite Projects:
Best events planned and unplanned:
Favorite parts of my job: 
  • Becoming best friends with Kayden, my trouble child
  • Safety week
  • Having a hot tub less than 30 feet away 
  • Being able to work out whenever I wanted
  • Carrying Collin on my back during freeze tag because he was too short to touch in the big pool
  • Baking for baked good Wednesdays
  • The incredible staff. Enough said. 
Some Bucket List Accomplishments:
Top 5 Things I Learned:
  • Solitude is a blessing
  • Spending money isn't necessary to lead a decent life (duh)
  • God is working in my heart even when I can't feel him there. 
  • That I love cooking/baking
  • That I am "somebody", so whenever I think "Why doesn't somebody take care of this?" it means me. I must do something about the problems I see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...