Monday, June 11, 2012

"I figure life’s a gift, and I don’t intend on wasting it. You never know what hand you’re gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you, to make each day count.” [Jack, Titanic]

Over the weekend I had a cliche good time with friends, festivals, and sun. 
Loads of LOTR chess.
Congratulations Austin!
On the boat! (Gotta love the white sox...) 
Photocredit: Jillian 
Walleye Weekend...what did Sam & Skylar talk me into? 
Cheesing.
Photocredit: Jillian
Frisbee!
Photocredit: Skylar
Austin's flower crown that Jillian and I made. 
Photocredit: Jillian
(I know it's hard to believe, but he didn't end up wearing it the rest of the party.)
 Thursday
...Annette, Jill, and I picked up Garrett from the airport and the whole fam headed over to Fratellos for some delicious pizzas. 
...We spent the afternoon at Hetricks, playing chess, sitting in the sun, and taking graduation photos.
...I spent the night with Mara, watching this movie and making failed pastries. 


Friday
...After cleaning the house and a long run, I packed up for a day at the lake. 
...Jillian, Garrett, Chelsea, Austin, and I drove out to Winneconne for a day at the Sather's lake house. 
...We started the afternoon by sunning when the boat wouldn't start, but finally got out on the water and went swimming. It was great just being in a lake again, plus we got to enjoy walking on the cloud (muck), watched me embarrass myself doing butterfly, had a diving contest, and got bruises trying to get back into the boat. 
...We had some snacks back at the house and took some pictures before I headed out to Fond du Lac. 
...I met up with Sam and Skylar for Fond du Lac Fish Fest, where I ended up meeting a lot of their friends, and also saw a great deal of shirtless, pregnant, and drunk people. (Though luckily I didn't see any shirtless, drunk, pregnant people.)


Saturday
...After sleeping in, I headed out to Hortonville with my mom for a grad party, where I ate my weight in pasta salad. 
...I went thrifiting and got a new shirt and shorts, which I'm pretty pumped about. 
...My mom and I made dinner and then had a mellow night watching this thriller


Sunday
...After church, Skylar came over, and the two of us biked over to Austin's grad party.
...Jillian, Skylar, and I spent the afternoon at the party, taking pictures, making flower crowns, looking at old pictures of Austy, throwing frisbees, and chatting with Garrett, Chelsea, Molly, and Mariah.  
...Skylar and I spent the rest of the night at my house watching a classic chick flick and chatting until he had to go home around 9 (lame.) 


All in all it was a FANTASTIC weekend. Thoroughly unproductive, but I am so happy I got to spend time with so many of the people I am close to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...