Wednesday, August 22, 2012

[Thoughts]

Today was a day of many lasts for me this summer. 

My last time working with Marilyn and Sharon, whom I will miss dearly. I will miss their bickering, and their laughter, and their complaints about their ailments and their old age. I will miss popping cinnamon Werther's into Marilyn's mouth and pouring Sharon warm coke. These women are incredible and they inspire me to keep up a bright and thankful attitude even when I'm old and grey.

My last time donating at the community blood center. I will miss Mindy calling to me as she runs around, helping donor after donor. I will miss the anxiety and anticipation of seeing whether my blood pressure is high enough to donate with. I will definitely miss the free cookies and juice Julie pushes on me when I'm done donating. 
My last time baking for Baked Good Wednesdays at work. This is what got me so into baking this summer. It started out as just a way to love on the people I work with, and it turned into a hobby, a challenge, and some interesting knowledge about myself. I thought it would be fun to do a Y-theme for my last treat. 
My last time seeing Jillian and the Hetricks. It was infinitely wonderful. We talked and laughed as always, and I even won a round of nertz against Mrs. Hetrick, accomplishment of the century. Mr. Hetrick made his delicious kettle corn to entice me to stay longer, which of course worked. I didn't leave empty handed; my second family sent me off with delicious canned peaches and pickled beans. It was an excellent, though short, last time with these people I love. 

My last time going to bed ridiculously early so I could be up at 4 for the opener shift... oh wait, I get to do that again tomorrow night too. Gotta love lifeguarding. 

So as today was a day of lasts, I tried not to be too sad. I am excited for yet another year at Eau Claire with some wonderful people, and I know that I will be saying goodbye to them, and hello to my home here, all too soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...