Monday, May 28, 2012

A Little Bit Lost, A Little Bit Found

Over the weekend airplanes have continued taking my friends away on amazing adventures.

Garrett went to Thailand to work in an orphanage. Jamie is traveling across Europe for 3 weeks. Jenna just left for a summer in Santa Cruz. Lexie and Hannah are both going to India to work with women who are trying to stay out of human trafficking. Here I am in Appleton, Wisconsin, wondering if I missed my calling. All of my friends are doing amazing things this summer, many of them are serving God through their travels. What am I doing still here? I prayed for months asking God what his plan was for me this summer, and all he revealed to me was that I had to stay here and work at the Y. I know that God can do big things without moving me from my hometown, but it is really teaching me to trust God, and to trust that he has a plan for me here. 

In the meantime, I'm making do with most of my friends gone. I am so thankful that God taught me to REVEL in solitude while I was at Cedar Campus. I've just been making the most of my time before I start having to be social. And by "making the most of my time" I mean I've showered once in five days. Score.
I've also had an awesome time hanging out with my mom, eating walnut burgers from harmony, making the most delicious pizza in the world, watching 90's movies, planting flowers, fixing our bikes, and drinking out of mason jars.
so crafty
Colors!
Power tools. I really shouldn't be trusted with these. 
Knobs!
 With all the time I have on my hands I've really been getting crafty. I tried some of the pinterest favorites, including t-shirt-into-a-tank-top (okay, I made 5) and making my very own paint-chip calendar. I am also currently taking my childhood cabinet, sanding it down, painting it, and screwing on some mismatched knobs to take to school in the fall. I'm pretty pumped to see how it will turn out. I also took the time to pick out the camera and running shoes (Lara helped me with these) I will be purchasing soon. I've been saving forever to get these, so I'm pretty excited.

So these are the things that are running through my mind and the things I am running around doing. It's been a pretty great start to the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Mom told me you don't like the color of the door. Good luck finding a color she likes! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...