Tuesday, April 19, 2011

[Letters]

"The sun, it rises slowly as you walk away from all the fears and all the faults you've left behind" [Mumford & Sons]
I conquered my first day back at work and my killer work out! HOORAY for climbing everyday mountains.


Dear Dad- I got a 99% on my social psych test! I studied really hard for it, and okay, there was a curve. (Warning: you may not be so proud of me when I get my calc test back.) Dear Swim Workout- I was ready to count you as a failure, considering the fact that I struggled with a fairly simple set. However, I FINISHED and thats what really counts here. Dear Fears of Yesterday- Thats just what you are. Already, I am comfortable again in my job and my role, and I'm even EXCITED to go back tomorrow. 


P.S.[Philosophical Speculations] It is April 19 and a thick layer of snow coats the ground. Earlier today, I caught the grouchy attitude of everyone around me, as the "stupid dumb wet snow pelted to the ground." But as I was driving home after work tonight, I was caught by surprise. I was driving down a non-plowed, power-outed, deserted road, and as I turned my head down a side street, my breath was taken away. There really is nothing like a first snow. The beautiful way it clings perfectly to every branch of every tree, making the whole world still and peaceful. So although I'm not the happiest that we don't get to experience spring this year, the beauty of the "first" snow tonight almost made it worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...