Monday, April 25, 2011

[Letters]

“If you see a friend without a smile; give him one of yours." [Proverb]

Dear Dad- While planning my road trip to Cali this summer(pipe dream), I decided we'd stop in Wyoming to stay overnight. I almost called you at work to see what hotel to stay in because I forgot. I miss you every day in this last hard, hard month. Dear Scariest Gang in the City- Thanks for coming over tonight and shaking things up a bit. You made my day. Dear Smile Box- Between you and listening to the best pump up song ever, my day and my mood were significantly brightened! [For those who don't know, a smile box is a box filled with pictures, cards, letters, and note cards with favorite texts/quotes that make you smile!]


P.S. Isn't it interesting that your expectations can frame your whole day? If you are expecting to spend time with someone lively and spunky, it comes as a shock and a disappointment when they are morose and melancholy. A few of us had that experience today, and it wasn't much fun at all. Pretty sure everyone was emotionally drained after that study sesh today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...