Wednesday, April 20, 2011

[Letters]

"We are the heirs of a legacy of creative protest." [Martin Luther King, Jr.]
Dear Dad- The other day one of my teachers went on a political rant, and it made me think of you. The next day I found this email from you in reference to my protesting(see above): 

Way to go girl - I'm proud of you.  Not because of what side you are on, but the fact that you stood up for your beliefs. You are also learning some important lessons about our government and how it can get out of hand with too much money.
  
I miss you a lot kiddo - hope to see you soon. I really miss our nightly, suppertime, one-on-one arguments, I mean discussions.
Love,
Dad

I miss our nightly, suppertime, one-on-one arguments too. I miss this so much, I have learned so much from you, even if it is just how to hold my own in an argument. I miss you. Dear Mister- I have a really fantastic surprise for you tomorrow, and I'm really excited. I hope you'll like it. Dear Worker at Great American Cookie- I hope you enjoyed our phone conversation tonight as much as I did. Between changing the frosting color 5 times, figuring out how to spell what's on the cake(me: F as in... wait... what the heck starts with F? F as in fog) and putting a toboggan on our cookie cake, I think you deserve employee of the year award. 

P.S.[Philosophical Speculations] Isn't it funny how in April we decide it's no longer necessary to do any of our homework? There's nothing really to speculate about with this though, is there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...