Monday, November 11, 2013

[Over the Weekend]

I am thankful…

…for friends that come to take me home, buy me lunch, and don't mind if I sleep in the backseat.
…for warm flannel in chilly houses, for packer bathrooms, and for mothers that say yes to sewing ideas.
…for breakfasts that begin at 11am and include grapefruit, pumpkin pancakes, coffee, and sunshine. 
…for little glass jars with paint splatters and enjoying the process more than the product.
…for adventurous mothers who bring back stories, sadness, laughter and beautiful handmade gifts from Africa. 
…for friends who dress mega-classy, buy me caramel chai, drive me around the state, give me their old clothes, laugh with me, celebrate my joys, and allow me to go home and go to bed at 11pm.

Hightlights include: a Friday morning nap, Annette saying "no" to the worker at Culvers, getting winter necessities like hand lotion, making (and eating) homemade pizza #tradition, touching soft African fabric, stone nativity sets, and rough djembes, sleeping in under a warm wool quilt, solid antique store finds, watching hilarious home videos with my bestie, being gifted with "new"clothes,  drinking Chai with the old crew, reconciling my view of my home church, hearing my mom and Jenny laugh about Africa, making fall hummus, a phone call full of laughter on the way home, prayer and truth from the servant team meeting, winning the apple toss rematch with Jordan, and ending the night with personally selected gifts that speak of care and thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...