Thursday, November 21, 2013

[Gratitude]

My dear friend Alexi's blog is reminding me so often to be thankful. I have thought before about creating blog posts specifically about gratitude, but I wanted this whole blog to be thankful and praiseworthy to God. But you know what, friends? Some days all I want to do is make lists of what I am thankful for. And that makes Jesus really happy, I think. 

It is impossible to spend too much time thanking and praising Me. I created you first and foremost to glorify Me. [Jesus Calling]


I am thankful
…for albums on noise trade that come just in the nick of time. 
…for times when I am able to get much-needed homework done.
…for the opportunity to film friends talking about God.
…for Anna Mateffy and her hugs, her care, and her homemade cookies.
…for worship nights that remind me what is most important. 
…for Jesus Calling. That book speaks to me right where I'm at every single day. 
…for a roommate I can cry with and laugh with and be sick around. 
…for light dustings of snow that I can make shoe tracks in.
…for Michelle Shrader and the ability to be real around her. 
…for bananas. 
…for my mama and the comfort and truth she speaks into my life.
…for nights spent in the laundry room pouring out my heart to my sister. 
…for sickness that forces me to slow down and rest.
…for nights spent praying under Christmas lights.
…for off-brand oreos with a little bit of crunchy peanut butter inside. 
..for caring friends who bring me the BRAT pack and sit on my bed just relaxing for hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...