Friday, November 8, 2013

[Letters]



Dear Dad- With it being your birthday month and the smell of all of these fall leaves, I really miss you and the fall hikes we used to take every year. Dear Luke John- You bless me by letting me wear your already-warm flannel, carrying a lactose pill in your wallet for spontaneous ice cream runs, staying up until the wee hours of the morning to spend time with me while I work, bringing me cookies at 10pm, and making me feel like Vincent VanGough when I share my art with you. I am so thankful for you. Dear Alexi- Today we checked "Go to the Goat and eat ice cream for breakfast" off of our bucket list. Thanks for being willing to accomplish this on a 20 degree day. I so value the time I get to spend with you. Dear Home- So far by raiding you I have found: 3 glue sticks, a sweater, wool socks, and 4 rolls of film. Who needs shopping? Dear Mama- Hearing about your trip to Africa fills my heart with joy. Even when you are telling me the "hard stories" I can feel God's heart for the people there and for you. I can't even believe how much you've blessed us by having this experience. The gifts you brought back were the most beautiful things I have ever seen. 

P.S. Today, I made homemade pizza with my mom, drove down Parkridge Ave, watched modern family, went downtown and to hobby lobby, petted my dog, and plugged in my Christmas lights. Even in the midst of tension and confusion about what a "home" is, these things make me feel at peace with where I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...