Sunday, November 17, 2013

[Over the Weekend]

Friends, I have so many blog posts running around in my head right now that it almost makes it impossible for me to blog anything. But I had an incredible weekend and I really want to share it. 


Here are some beautiful moments: 
My friends and I road tripped it over to the cities for a fun night of shopping, sampling, nail painting, and getting some delicious food at IHOP. Our waitress Mary was an absolute gem. 


I got to wake up after a full nights rest and go on a real run. It has been so long since I have done that and I haven't felt more like myself in months. It was so good. 

I ate brunch at Randy's with my dear friend Meghan. Talking to her fills me with so much joy and I love to hear what God is teaching her. I am so blessed and humbled by her wisdom.

I got to spend a few hours alone in my room, just getting things done and enjoying the solitude, something that has been greatly lacking in my life lately.

I spent time in the empty library Saturday afternoon, which was actually really relaxing.
Eating my mother's soup made it even better.

Molly and I got to eat dinner and process through some things we are dealing with, which was so refreshing and really helped to further put my mind at ease.


I spent the evening with Luke and our good friends Tom and Kelsey at Tom's house. 
It was great to get off campus and enjoy some tea and relaxing company.
We all painted hybrid spirit animals of ourselves and it was the funniest, most peaceful thing I have done in a long time.

Saturday was the most wonderful day. I felt more like myself than I have in a long time.

Sunday morning, I got to play with two boys, Patrick and Kennan who just fill me with laughter and smiles. Kennan's red hair and kind words melted my heart.



I spent the afternoon with Alexi, filming a video that I will hopefully soon post! I am so excited about it! During filming, I kept having moments where it all just felt surreal. I just couldn't believe how blessed I was to be able to be creating so many forms of art with someone I love so dearly. 




My heart is full and reentered after this weekend. 
I can't explain why, but this weekend has just helped me to regain a sense of self. 
I feel so joyful and blessed to be given this gift of restoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...